The Vice Provost for Libraries and IT Services and CIO reports jointly to the Provost and the Vice President for Finance and Operations.
VPLITS is the steward of MSU’s:
- Libraries and archives
- Technology infrastructure for central academic and business information
- Technology services, including support and training for users, in collaboration and sharing responsibility with academic and other support units
- Overall vision for technology at MSU
- Related policy and business practices
- Develops and implements policy
- Plans technology-related faculty development and instructional technology
- Manages the budget for Libraries and IT Services
- Administers the Teaching and Learning Environment account
We are here to serve the students, faculty and staff of MSU.
We welcome feedback and input at any time, and invite participation in the Consultative Groups and Library advisory committees and the various symposia, workshops, and brown bag sessions VPLITS sponsors throughout the year.